SQUENCE OF SERVICE
A. Welcoming the Guest
– Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen how are you today?
– How many persons with you?
– Do you have any reservation before?
– Where would you like to have a seat? We have table near the door, window, bar, in the corner and in the middle.
– Could you follow me please?
B. Seating the quest
– Ok ladies and gentleman this is your table (showing the table) have a seat please (help the guest to pull out the chair)
C. Pouring ice water
– Pouring ice water to the water goblet, standing with the proper postion with service cloth on your left hand.
– Introducing your self and your assistant by standing beside the table and make sure all the guests can see and hear you.
– Example of Restaurant Introduction Speech :
• Good evening ladies & gentlemen
• Welcome to our restaurant
• My name is Wayan, I come from Bali, Indonesia
• I will be your waiter on entire cruise
• This is my assistant, his name is Made, he is also from Bali
• We will be a responsible to offer you the best dining service for the entire cruise
• It is also my pleasure to provide wine service as you wish every night
• If there is anything you need, please don’t hesitate to call either one of us or your head waiter (Show him to your passangers) Mr. Marco
• Ok ladies and gentlemen, I look forward to serving you, and I hope this will be a wonderful, memorable experience for you
• Thank you and Boun Appetito
E. Presenting Menu or Drink list
– Presenting menu from the right side, ladies first and clock wise by using words excuse me sir/madam this is your menu, please take your time, I will be back soon.
F. Taking the Order
– Excuse sir/madam are you ready to order now? What would you like for your appetizer/starter/soup/salad/main course and dessert? (My I suggest you a bottle of wine/red or white wine for your meals)
G. Repeating the Order
– My I repeat your order please?
Shrimp cocktail for your appetizer
Gaspacho for your soup
Mixed green with Italian dressing for your salad
Tenderloin steak medium for you maincourse and
Vanila ice cream for you dessert
There is any things else sir/madam
Ini dilakukan untuk lebih memastikan lagi apa yang dipesan oleh tamu sudah benar
ASKING FOR THE BILL
Excuse me ladies and gentleman’s, how is your bill, on separate of one bill together.
Thanks you, Give the code A, B and C in the back side of the food have been orderer for the separate bill.
H. Adjusting cover
– Adjusting cover is to adjust the cutleries as per guest order.
1. Suggest the passengers to order a bottle of red or rose wine whenever they are order red meat “Beef”, Lamb or pork for the main course.
2. Suggest the passengers to oreder a bottle of white or rose wine whenever order white mean “sea food, poultry, pasta of vegetable for the main course.
3. Suggest the passengers to order a bottle of champagne/sparking wine whenever they are celebrating wedding anniversary, birthday, Christmas Eve or New Year eve.
I. Serving and Clear up the food
– Mulai men service/menghidangkan makanan Dari appertizer sampai maincourse dari sebelah kanan tamu dimulai dari ladies first.
This is your appertizer,soup, salad, maincourse, please enjoy your meals.
– Clear up the dirty food, exusme sir/madam did you enjoy your meals/did you finish, my I clear up the plate first.
J. Crumbing down
– Crumbing down is to clean up the table after main course and before dessert from bread crumb using crumber..
K. Serving dissert
– Serving the dessert from the right side and usually served with coffee or tea.
– Always check the bill with the guest order.
1. Puss and pull the chair for them
2. Thank you for joining us, please enjoy your holiday / the sunny / beautiful day. See you this afternoon/launch/dinner time or tomorrow morning.
3. Good by see you again next time (for the passenger who’s disem